BUILDING A GLOOMSPITE GITZ ARMY! My 1000 pt list

BUILDING A GLOOMSPITE GITZ ARMY!


Oh boy! I got super excited to see all of the build up and finally the release of this army. I have been interested in building a goblin army ever since I read about the winning squig army on Warhammer Community. Something about squigs have always fascinated me all the way back to Rogue Trader and all the crazy Space Ork mythology. I read those books back then from cover to cover. Still to this day I glaze eyes over with my knowledge of the usages of squigs. Did you know that Snotlings were actually the leaders of orks in the far past? And somewhere along the evolution Snotlings became dumb and Orks became the dominant Orkoid species. And in the middle, Gretchin, or in AOS sense, goblins. I never liked how goblins had little chance of winning so I steered clear of them as they did not interest me as mush aesthetically either. But it has been a long time for me to even be interested in Warhammer Fantasy and now I am really invested. I am taking forever building a 40k army, but I am nearly done with 4 to 5 AOS armies. So I wanted to start this year on at least a 1000 pt Gloomspite army. Although I have plans for a 2000pt easily. 

So here is my first 1000pt attempt to the letter. Via the WARSCROLL BUILDER:

Allegiance: Gloomspite Gitz

LEADERS M S W B 

Loonboss on Mangler Squigs (300)  ($55-65 need)



Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90) ($20 -$25 need)





Webspinner Shaman on Arachnarok Spider (300) ($65 - 80 NOTE: they had a venom clan set for essentially the cost of the spider and gave you spider riders too! Bad timing for me. But I got one...so whatevs. 

Image result for spider shaman on spider

Boingrot Bounderz (100) ($35-45)

These guys SCREAM Labyrinth to me....





Squig Herd (70)  ($35-$45) (will have extra by 5?)

Image result for squig herd

Squig Hoppers (90)  (same as Boingers but with more movement, but weaker. Count as Batteline with Loonboss on Mangler General. (I can split the units in half from one box.


Scrapskuttle's Arachnacauldron (50)  ($25?)

TOTAL: 1000/1000 EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 0 WOUNDS: 62 LEADERS: 3/4 

BATTLELINES: 2 (2+) BEHEMOTHS: 2/2 ARTILLERY: 0/2 ARTEFACTS: 0/1 ALLIES: 0/200

Looking at it now, maybe I should stick to ONE huge beast and not 2. Maybe add the spider shaman later....

Or I could drop out the Shaman and add in another Hopper unit....I just want to paint them...so if they kick ass and are fun, bonus for me. 



Comments

Popular Posts