Kill Team Report # 2

KILL TEAM ROUND 2&3

I did another round of games at Imperium Games with my Harlequins or the more popular name, Murder Clowns. The first game was against some Deathguard which you find out quickly are so hard to kill. The mission was to assassinate the leader and that was WAY harder than I would have expected for such a speedy unit. I crossed the terrain with little issue but rolling sixs against Harleys is more common then you want it to happen and it takes so little to take them down. I did manage to swarm the leader but my lack of experience in Kill Team showed when I did not use Leader command abilities to maximize my hits. The leader of the Deathguard kept slicing Harleys down with his plague sword. 

The second match was a crazy match between Adam's Deathguard from the previous battle and his brother's Deathwatch. I was way out matched via fire power and and armor. I was on one half of the field and Deathwatch on the other with Deathguard squished in the middle. I lost several Harleys to the flail carrying Deathguard. But Deathguard and Deathwatch were doing significant damage to each other till out of some miracle of dice, the Deathguard BROKE (which greatly reduces their ability to play and in some cases stuns them). I got lucky and the flail wielder lost his morale and cradled up. I charged the remaining Deathwatch and in another miracle, Adam's bro failed all of his rolls even after using 3 command points to maximize his damage! My Harelys finally rolled high and struck down his leader and then the match concluded with the Murder Clowns actually taking the match. 

Notes: Now that I have played 5 good rounds of Kill Team with the Harleys I have come to some conclusions that I was not really aware of:

 1. Maximize damage output, but economically. Kisses on your Harleys are great but costly, A mix of Kiss, Embrace and Caress I would recommend now after fighting so many high save, high toughness opponents. Kiss is not great against high toughness like Deathguard as you only wound on 5+. 

2. Pistols are really only useful if you survive and your opponent survives the hand to hand. And you have initiative.

3. Initiative is key. If you don't get it, you shouldn't commit all charges unless you are confident they will succeed (bad dice are always still bad dice.)

4. That leader command is awesome for the 2nd round of a fight. Juicing the Zealot with the Medics stim or the combat is also awesome.

5. ALWAYS take 5 on the scouting phase. They will try to shoot you, always, but you can still move forward 2 units. Move that Zealot or Combat with Medic juicer. 

Hey if anyone has those Murder Clown dice, I'd like some! :)





Comments

Popular Posts