Good Bye





Well among the many sad news I have been delivered over this rough year one of the roughest is the closing of my favorite game store IMPERIUM GAMES. Adam, the owner is getting out before the industry makes it impossible to stay out of the red. It hits pretty hard when there are so few locations that have the space to provide mini players with adequate gaming and in a central location for so many people. If you combine Flat Lands (the same location, different owner) time with Imperium's I had a possible 5 year playing time but only discovered them 2 years ago. Michigan has a strong gaming community but it is not spread out well. Magic the gathering can be played anywhere and is so profitable that most places find some way to provide for that group. Not so much for Warhammer and 40k as WE NEED SOME TABLES AND STUFF. Also, I am a slow painter to a degree and it took me almost a year to get a ghoul army of only a 1000pts completed and was just going to play my first Age of Sigmar battle and then BAM, closure. So I will be looking for the next best location. Looking like perhaps the Rochester GW might be the only logical for distance and play...but how hardcore are they and the reception there? Not sure yet. Till then...I'll stare out my window....tear drop....


ps: if anyone in Michigan has great ideas for locations, please leave a message. 

Comments

Popular Posts