QUICK AND DIRTY NIGHTHAUNTS TUTORIAL

QUICK AND DIRTY NIGHTHAUNTS TUTORIAL


So dirty....almost x-rated, it's so dirty. Filthy filthy filthy. 

I start with painting the GHOSTLY areas in Corax White and the dirty clothes, chains and weapon in Rhinox Hide.



The mace handle was done in Dryad and then the GHOSTLY (BOO) areas were layered with washed down, P3 Waywatcher Green. 




To increase the filth, and the sense of crawling from the grave, wearing muddy death shrouds, I added Typhus Corrosion. Warning, this is a gritty paint so don't use your usual brush as that grit is hard to get out.


To increase the GHOSTLY EFFECT I washed VJ Jade green, super watered down, and faded it from top down. I reversed this in later models, but I think it really depends on the model. I like it in the shadows. Then for the highlights I used a watered down VJ Livery Green. Which to mean is the brightest green/yellows I've seen. 


For some extra punch I added some VJ Fluorescent Green, on in some of the highest spots, and in later models I also use it for eyes in some of them. 


For the RUST I Started with some stippled VJ German Red Brown, then some Light Rust..mine is the air one..kind of like the diluted  effect. And then some heavy stippled VJ Rust.


And here is a close up


And the Back shot. 

Following this I added gradual washes of orange and rust to the brown clothes. 

Well that was quick and dirty, I am hopefully getting better at these. SEE YAH!

Comments

Popular Posts