GOT

G.O.T. YAH!

SPOILERS...I guess...where have you been if you haven't watched the show?



Well we have come to the conclusion of a 8 year journey, maybe longer if you want to include the literature. I, like many of you, have been invested in these amazing characters from beginning to the end. I even went to the extra effort after season 7 to read all the current books in existence to see if that would enhance my overall experience. And George R Martin did not disappoint. However, much like the majority of the fan base, was overall not happy with this final season. But, it's over now, no amount of petitions are going to change it. 

Books Vs the Show. I can't judge the conclusion of the show vs the books yet as our ever aging GRM is yet to have released the supposed final books; but I can judge the show and books up to that point. Overall both are great on their own stand points. I am the type of person that rarely really judges interllectual property in one format vs another because I believe they can be different and both be good. Some believe something must be "true" to it's original format. I believe in that to a point, but only so far. Lord of the Rings for instance, has great merits both in book, animation, and in film. The core of all of those formats stays true but the way they are presented are all great. And with GOT, I think it has the same flow. Both book and tv have their own qualities, but also, especially around the 3rd book you begin to realize that the show took MANY turns that the books did not. And with seeing a character in front of your eyes like Arya and the Hound, you can understand why the show led with certain characters while the book put more of them on the sidelines. 

Comments

Popular Posts